In recent years, with the popularization of the Internet and the improvement of people's living standards, consumers have further demanded the types of maternal and child products and the convenience of consumption, and online consumption has begun to rise. Baby diapers, as one of the six major maternal and infant categories, have seen rapid online growth. The online scale has grown to 17.55 billion in 2018, a year-on-year increase of 26.4%, maintaining rapid growth every year.（Click to share to LinkedIn）
As the global aging trend becomes more and more serious, according to the report, the global adult diapers, disposable underwear and absorbent pads market has doubled in the past 10 years. It increased by 9% last year and reached 9 billion US dollars. It may be a huge opportunity for manufacturers.
In Japan, due to the rapidly aging population, the sales of adult urinary incontinence products have surpassed the sales of baby diapers around 2013. A spokesperson of the market leader Unicharm brand said: "What we are doing is letting people know that even among young people, incontinence is normal."（Click to share to Facebook）
It can be seen that the market potential of baby diapers and adult diapers is huge. How to make diapers more in line with market demand? Let's start with the history of diapers.
The history and development of baby diapers
In 1936, due to the battle, the material was tight and the delivery was difficult. Cotton core and cotton cloth were strategic materials, and the supply was scarce. Therefore, the first simple disposable baby diaper was born in Sweden. It was made of wrinkled toilet paper as a cellulose filler Absorb urine.
In 1960, American Company A introduced wing-type diapers, using non-woven fabric and fluff pulp as the liquid permeable layer and absorbent layer, and fixed with safety pins.（try Suntech diaper machine）
By 1980, the development of the shape and structure of diapers had become preliminary and sophisticated. At this time, the baby diapers of Japanese company B introduced polymer water-absorbing resin to make the diapers have better water absorption, and then the breathable film and three-dimensional waterproof Leaky sidewalls, diversion layer, cloth-like back film, and skin care oil on the upper surface have been introduced into the production of diapers, so as to further improve the planning and quality of diapers to satisfy customers' actual needs for diapers.
After 1996, the sixth generation of full-function new diapers came into being. It integrated all the advantages of previous generations of diapers and completed a revolutionary transformation. The absorbent core composed of fluff pulp and a high share of polymer is long. Strip type, with air-permeable two sides or full back film, with multi-layer receiving guide layer. So far, baby diapers have been developed from the crude first generation to the sixth generation, and they are fundamentally sophisticated in shape, structure, and function.
The future development direction of diapers
1. Thinness—The trend of continuous thinning of diapers is the mother’s request and an effective way for manufacturers to reduce costs. Bulk diapers bring a lot of inconveniences to mothers and babies. For manufacturers, bulky diapers take up a lot of space and cost more in terms of consumables and transportation. Manufacturers will gradually reduce the proportion of fluff pulp to deal with customers. The demand for increasing the liquid absorption capacity of diapers objectively makes diapers thinner.
2. Skin care-while diapers provide convenience for mothers and babies, they also hide the problem of diaper rash, with a prevalence rate of as high as 35%. Diapers not only absorb urine, but also take care of your baby's health. Skin-friendly is the most important market demand.
3. Environmental protection-The non-decomposable substance on the surface of diapers is a kind of "white pollution". With the promotion of society, the importance of environmental protection has become increasingly prominent, which requires higher and higher requirements for the material of diapers. Therefore, in recent years, the proportion of non-woven fabrics used in the production of diapers has gradually increased, and non-woven fabrics have gradually replaced the original plastic materials.
4. Synthetic core-the core is the most important functional layer of diapers. The production process is messy, and the mixing of polymer and fluff pulp directly affects the function of the product. In the future, the core body will develop towards a synthetic type, which is composed of idealized dust-free paper, which contains uniformly mixed SAP and fluff pulp, and has better liquid control functions. The core processing is divided from the entire production process. Only the selected functional layers need to be synthesized in the production of diapers. This simplifies the production process, ensures the integrity and flexibility of the diapers, and effectively controls costs.
5. Practice pants / pull-up pants-practice pants first appeared in Europe and America in the 1990s. The large area materials for waist and leg circumferences are non-woven fabrics and elastic bands, which are more elastic, fit and comfortable, and will not cause a significant increase in cost. Chinese mothers give their children feces and urine very early, and their posture is against natural, often causing the children to cry and make trouble. Letting children wear exercise pants is a good way to cultivate children’s toilet habits, which is convenient and beneficial to the baby’s physical and mental health. .
6. Elastic close-fitting-rigid and tight diapers are not conducive to Baby's movement. The diapers are developing in the direction of elastic and close-fitting design, which makes the baby more comfortable when doing sports such as climbing and walking. These elastic designs include elastic waist circumference, elastic big ear stickers and so on.
7. Softness-the thin design can make the diapers soft and improve the comfort of the baby's skin. When choosing super soft surface fabrics, we must also pay attention to the softness of other parts of the material, such as absorbent paper, base film, hot melt adhesive, etc.
To make diapers more skin-friendly, softer, and more environmentally friendly, the material is very important. The surface layer that directly touches the skin should use non-woven fabric, and the leak-proof bottom layer should also use a composite bottom layer of PE film + non-woven fabric, which is soft to the touch and more Environmentally friendly.
Suntech has carefully researched and developed intelligent diapers based on the standard of "precise work and intelligent manufacturing" and 50 years of technical precipitation and design experience. It specializes in the production of diapers and cares for the healthy lives of babies and the elderly.